1. Information Received through Use of Software
When a MouseStats Client uses the Software on its Website, MouseStats may receive certain information including:
2. What information the Software does NOT collect
- Technical information of a Visitor’s computer such as browser type, system language, OS version, time zone, IP address (Saved as obfuscated and last part is removed) and screen resolution metrics.
- The pages within the specific Website that a Visitor has visited and the URLs of the web pages that referred the Visitor to the MouseStats Client Website.
- How a Visitor has interacted with the Website, including, any Visitor mouse movements, scrolls and mouse clicks.
- Mousestats replaces all entered characters in text fields with asterisk character to obfuscated them.
However, possible keystrokes if performed by a Visitor in fields that are not marked as "non-sensitive" by
the MouseStats Client may be sent to us. As a result, while MouseStats strictly prohibits MouseStats Clients from using the Software to collect ANY personally identifiable information,
if a MouseStats Client breaches such obligation then such information may be received by MouseStats.
Such action may lead to complete data removal of our Client Website analytics data as it is against our Terms of Service.
- Session information stored in cookies that are used to ensure accurate data is extracted from our systems. These cookies
are 1st party cookies (cookie data cannot be shared across websites) and do not include any personal data:
mousestats_si: MouseStats visitor analytics cookie to distinguish different visit sessions. Expires in less than
24h. It contains an initial random string.
mousestats_vi: MouseStats visitors analytics cookie to distinguish different visitors. Expires in 10 years or less.
It contains an initial random string.
cenable: MouseStats visitors analytics cookie to test if cookies are enabled in the visitor browser. Expires in a
few seconds up to 1 year.
mousestats_disable: May be set if a specific URL query in the webpage get called to force disable MouseStats. Expires
in 1 year.
MouseStats provides a survey feature. Survey fields are defined by MouseStats Clients.
They may include fields which may collect PII information, while it is against our Terms of Service
to collect PII information.
3. How MouseStats handles the information and data
- We do not collect any information about websites which do not use the Software.
- We do not collect any information about other programs that Visitors are running on their computer.
- We do not assign a global unique identifier to any Visitor.
- We will not collect any passwords entered into a Website.
Any information we collect will be used in accordance with applicable laws for the following purposes:
4. Opt Out and Contact
- To provide MouseStats Clients with raw or aggregate reports regarding Visitor interactions on their website, that may include for example: aggregate reports of clicking or mouse movement activity, aggregate reports of scrolling activity and recreation of visitor browsing sessions;
- We may share certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as average page load time, or the number of pages processed by our system per day.
- For auditing, research and analysis to operate and improve MouseStats technologies and services.
- If required in limited circumstances, including, when complying with legal requirements, preventing fraud or imminent harm, and ensuring the security of our network and services.
We provide all MouseStats Clients with an option (or requirement when required by applicable law) to publish on
their Website a link (https://ssl.mousestats.com/optout)
for Visitors to exclude themselves from monitoring by the Software.
Any Visitor who wishes to exclude themselves may click on the link to opt out.
It is required to enable MouseStats Script after
following the necessary steps as defined by applicable law in respective countries.
When we receive formal written complaints posted using our contact form, it is MouseStats's policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between MouseStats and an individual.
5. Policy Modifications
Last Revision: 02 March 2018.