1. Information Received through Use of Software
When a MouseStats Client uses the Software on its Website, MouseStats may receive certain information including:
2. What information the Software does NOT collect
- Technical information of a Visitor’s computer such as browser type, system language, OS version, time zone, IP address and screen resolution metrics.
- The pages within the specific Website that a Visitor has visited and the URLs of the web pages that referred the Visitor to the MouseStats Client Website.
- How a Visitor has interacted with the Website, including, any Visitor mouse movements, scrolls and mouse clicks.
- Any keystrokes performed by a Visitor in fields that are not marked as "sensitive" by the MouseStats Client. As a result, while MouseStats strictly prohibits MouseStats Clients from using the Software to collect ANY personally identifiable information, if a MouseStats Client breaches such obligation then such information may be received by MouseStats.
- Session information stored in cookies that are used to ensure accurate data is extracted from our systems. These cookies are 1st party cookies (cookie data cannot be shared across websites) and do not include any personal data.
3. How MouseStats handles the information and data
- We do not collect any information about websites which do not use the Software.
- We do not collect any information about other programs that Visitors are running on their computer.
- We do not assign a global unique identifier to any Visitor.
- We will not collect any passwords entered into a Website.
Any information we collect will be used in accordance with applicable laws for the following purposes:
4. Opt Out and Contact
- To provide MouseStats Clients with raw or aggregate reports regarding Visitor interactions on their website, that may include for example: aggregate reports of clicking or mouse movement activity, aggregate reports of scrolling activity and recreation of visitor browsing sessions;
- We may share certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as average page load time, or the number of pages processed by our system per day.
- For auditing, research and analysis to operate and improve MouseStats technologies and services.
- If required in limited circumstances, including, when complying with legal requirements, preventing fraud or imminent harm, and ensuring the security of our network and services.
We provide all MouseStats Clients with an option (or requirement when required by applicable law) to publish on their Website a link (https://ssl.mousestats.com/optout) for Visitors to exclude themselves from monitoring by the Software. Any Visitor who wishes to exclude themselves may click on the link to opt out.
When we receive formal written complaints posted using our contact form, it is MouseStats's policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between MouseStats and an individual.
5. Policy Modifications